Wizcraft floors Bollywood fans and fraternity at 18th IIFA in New York
The 18th IIFA Awards organized by Wizcraft International took over the city of New York with a dazzling awards show bringing together the biggest names of Bollywood in celebration of Indian Cinema at MetLife Stadium in New York, USA.
This year the IIFA Awards stage saw Bollywood’s most dynamic duo- the talented stars Karan Johar and Saif Ali Khan - host India’s most awaited awards ceremony. The pair amazed the crowd present with their quick wit and zingers as leaving them in splits with their amusing one-liners and on-stage chemistry.
The IIFA Awards, the finale of the IIFA Weekend saw a host of stellar performances and acts. The show kicked off with Alia Bhatt performing on the Awards stage for the very first time since her debut in Bollywood five years ago. The night featured spellbinding performances by Bollywood superstars- Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Shahid Kapoor, Sushant Singh Rajput and Kriti Sanon, to name a few.
Bollywood’s Youth Icon, Varun Dhawan performed on the IIFA Awards stage with a stunning performance celebrating his father’s legacy in Bollywood. This year, IIFA presented the Woman of the Year Award to actress Taapsee Pannu and The Myntra Style Icon to Alia Bhatt. The award night included legendary actor Anil Kapoor and Sudhanshu Vats, Group CEO - Viacom18 honoring A.R. Rahman for his illustrious career and work as they celebrated his 25 years in the industry.
The NEXA IIFA Awards Powered by VIVO was aired on COLORS on Sunday, July 16th.
The NEXA IIFA Awards Powered by VIVO aired LIVE exclusively on Saturday, July 15, starting at 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT in North America and the Caribbean on cable, satellite and digital Pay Per View via in Demand, Vubiquity, DISH and DIRECTV in the USA, Bell, Rogers, SHAW, SaskTel and Telus in Canada, along with the Flipps App and web site www.IIFAAwardsppv.com in both the USA and Canada. The suggested retail price is $39.95. The live telecast is distributed exclusively via Integrated Sports Media.
Lycamobile – Presenting Sponsor, McDonalds - Associate Sponsor, NYC (Mayors office) - Host Destination, NewYorkBannerStands & Print Early – Printing Partner, Pierre Précieuse – Gifting Partner and Arya Dance Academy – Dance Company Partner.
The NEXA IIFA Awards was aired on COLORS – the Broadcast Partner, with the Title Sponsor NEXA, Weekend Title Sponsor – EROS NOW, Powered by VIVO, Cause Partner- WOOSH Washing Expert, Styled by Myntra, Official Airline Partner – AIR INDIA, Thought Leadership Partner – VEDANTA, Brand Partner – Closeup, Carnival and Ease My Trip and Franchise India, Jewelry Partner – Nakshatraworld.com, Outdoor partners – Bright Outdoor Media and JR Creations, Multiplex Partner –PVR
Adding to the excitement of the Awards night, International Indian Film Academy Awards launched its brand new line of Official IIFA Merchandise partnered with New York based Easy Partners, a boutique licensing and merchandising company. The eye-catching IIFA Merchandise featuring a diverse range of T-Shirts, Caps, Key Rings, Hooded Sweatshirts, Tote Bags, Magnet, Ticket Holders stylized with IIFA’s logo and Mugs showcasing IIFA 2017 in New York were available at the famous MetLife Stadium during the show and also exclusively on the IIFA website on https://www.jsrdirect.com/
The IIFA 2017 Awards Winners:
· Best Picture- Neerja
· Best Story- Ayesha Devitre Dhillon, Shakun Batra (Kapoor & Sons)
· Best Performance in a comic role- Varun Dhawan (Dishoom)
· Best Direction- Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury (Pink)
· Best Actor in a leading role Female- Alia Bhatt (Udta Punjab)
· Best Actor in a leading role Male- Shahid Kapoor (Udta Punjab)
· Best Lyricist- Amitabh Bhattacharya (Channa Mereya)
· Best Music Director-Pritam (Ae Dil Hai Mushkil)
· Best Negative Role- Jim Sarbh (Neerja)
· Best Playback Singer Female- Kanika Kapoor (Udta Punjab- Da Da Dasse) and Tulsi Kumar (Airlift- Soch Na Sake)
· Best Playback singer Male- Amit Mishra(Ae Dil Hai Mushkil- Bulleya)
· Supporting Actor Female- Shabana Azmi (Neerja)
· Supporting Actor Male Anupam Kher (M.S. Dhoni)
· Myntra Style Icon Award-Alia Bhatt
· Woman of the Year- Taapsee Pannu
· Best Debut Male- Diljit Dosanjh (Udta Punjab)
· Best Debut Female- Disha Patani(M.S. Dhoni)
Around The World