Josh Talks makes its way to Pune in partnership with Facebook
Josh Talks, a platform to showcase meaningful ideas and stories, is all set to host their next session in Pune this week. Josh Talks Pune #StartAB will be happening on 8th of April 2017 at High Spirits Cafe 2pm onwards. This is their 16th event in the last 20 months. The event will bring forth an inspiring narrative on the stories of entrepreneurs & change-makers and is happening in partnership with social networking website Facebook.
In an attempt to showcase meaningful ideas and stories from all across India in the form of short yet compelling talks, this initiative promises to offer you a roller coaster of emotions and an experience to cherish and remember. The event will bring to you a narrative on a radical travel technology for the future, the revival of a forgotten art, a re-imagining of social change happening right here in Pune, an unusual method of education, a cancer survivor who built an UBER for private jets and more. Besides this, the initiative also aims to give those present, a day to explore new & interesting career opportunities, along with exhilarating them to dream big and do more exciting things in their lives.
The intriguing line-up of conglomerate speakers is numerouno in their respective industries. These eight speakers are kept in high regard by audiences all over as they usher a positive change in the society.
• Kalyani Khona: Digital Match-Maker & Innovator – she co-founded the world's first matchmaking app for people with disability and health disorders to find love.
• Capt Raghu Raman: Distinguished Fellow at Observer Research Foundation, Author of “Everyman’s War, former CEO NATGRID, ex-soldier & UN Peacekeeper – He has one of the most unique career profiles spanning over 25 years.
• Kanika Tekriwal - Founder, JetSetGo - Apart from being one of the 100 most inspirational women chosen by BBC and 30 entrepreneurs under 30 recognized by Forbes Asia she is also the founder of India’s first and only Private Charter Aviation Service.
• Kapil Shelke: Founder, Tork: Creator of India’s First Electric Motorcycle Brand
• Vidhi Jain: She has co-founded her own system of learning in her city of Udaipur. With Shikshantar, she pioneers the concept of unschooling.
• Shivam Sharma: The creator of The Mansarovar Project, a movement to preserve the art of Hindi & Urdu Poetry of some of the best poets of the contemporary era through social media.
• Swapnil Chaturvedi - founder of Samagra, an organization that is constructing a system of clean and hygienic toilets for underprivileged communities in Pune
Speaking about the event, Shobhit Banga, Co Founder of Josh Talks, said , “All these speakers demonstrate innovation, commitment, and successful business skills that are required for being a leader in any industry. They acknowledge change as much as we do, hence are on board without much persuasion. We are confident that their stories will be an inspirational eye – opener for the audience.”
On the other hand, Supriya Paul, another Co Founder of Josh Talks commented, “We are elated to have such senior leaders and key decision makers for Josh Talks Pune. From talks on sensitive issues to remarkable life stories to light humor these industry thought leaders will be able to share a number of insights which will be of major relevance to the young audience.”
The power of having Facebook on-board has enabled Josh Talks to reach out to millions of youngsters. Having been termed to have the energy to be bigger & better than TED Talks, in 20 months they have executed 15 events in 9 cities, concluding to about 120 talks amongst 25,000 live audience and 15,00,000 online audience.
Around The World