AnnaMaya launches ‘AnnaMaya Artisan Awards’ to commemorate the local artisans
The Awards recognizes and celebrates the local artisans, their success, creative excellence while empowering them and enhancing their community outreach.
Since its inception in 2016, AnnaMaya at Andaz Delhi has been inspiring guests to “Eat Mindful. Shop Artisanal. Raise Awareness”. The European food hall hosted the first edition of the ‘AnnaMaya Artisan Awards’ Series on 22nd November 2020. The AnnaMaya Artisan Awards is an annual award event that recognizes and celebrates the local artisans, their success, creative excellence while empowering them and enhancing their community outreach. The thought behind AnnaMaya Artisan Awards is to express appreciation, respect and celebrate the artisan’s journey with AnnaMaya. The concept of AnnaMaya is inspired by sustainable sourcing, plant-forward recipes and artisanal ingredients which is driven by a unique and heartfelt collaboration with local artisans.
The felicitations and awards were bestowed after evaluating the responses of the questionnaire that was shared with the artisans a few days prior to the awards.
A well-regarded jury led by Mr. Madhav Sehgal, General Manager, Andaz Delhi, and Chef Vikram Ganpule, Executive Chef, Andaz Delhi awarded trophies to artisans. The following are the award winners from across categories:
1. AnnaMaya Artisan Award for Contribution to Wellbeing - Blissbox Foods
2. AnnaMaya Artisan Award for Contribution to Women’s Empowerment - Darima Farms
3. AnnaMaya Artisan Award for Contribution to Organic Food and Biodynamic Food - Tijara Organic Farms
4. AnnaMaya Artisan Award for Contribution to Sustainability - Artisan Palate
5. AnnaMaya Artisan Award for Contribution to Training & Education - Earthspired
6. AnnaMaya Artisan Award for Contribution to the Environment - Priyanka Jain (Crafteria)
7. AnnaMaya Artisan Award of the Year - UMANG
The food hall follows the ‘Made in India’ concept as all products used are produced in India, and has a socially inspiring story behind the business execution. AnnaMaya Artisan Awards support the vocal for local movement. At AnnaMaya, artisans are looked up as the real heroes, as they support AnnaMaya Delhi in its quest to execute the philosophy of sustainable living, efficiently.
AnnaMaya Artisans Awards is a forerunner in the celebration of artisans as well as following the ‘Made in India’ concept. The thought of sourcing locally from the artisans helps the indigenous neighborhood and supports the #VocalForLocal and #AlwaysLocal philosophy. AnnaMaya’s menu ethos also revolve around locally sourced artisanal products that are made in India and empower people and places.
Around The World