Adidas Originals celebrates the ‘Home Of Classics’ with a massive launch event in Mumbai
An immersive, interactive & experiential event celebrating the launch of the new Home of Classics collection.
Adidas Originals, the pioneering sportswear brand for the streets, took the city by storm as the brand celebrated a blockbuster event on Saturday at Mumbai’s iconic Famous Studio, to mark the launch of the new Home of Classics collection which features the latest iteration to its 3 iconic legends: Stan Smith, Superstar, Continental-80 and one new entrant in the family – Supercourt! The event documented the legacy of adidas Originals’ most iconic white sneakers and showcased the cultural frenzy of how these timeless designs have travelled across decades and continue to be a style statement for creators across various walks of life.
An amalgamation of multiple street culture elements, the event was replete with a carefully curated sneaker exhibit for the newly launched Home of Classics collection including experiential zones bringing to life the stories behind each of the iconic sneakers! While attendees immersed themselves in sneaker culture, a never-seen-before innovative ‘Locker Room’ activation infused classic locker room aesthetics with QR Code Technology and enabled them to win surprise goodies & merchandise. An interactive t-shirt printing booth allowed attendees to get customized Stan Smith style t-shirts which served as the perfect memento to take home from the event. This whole new dimension to the brand experience!
There were also exciting raffle contests where lucky winners actually ended up winning the limited edition Stan Smith autobiography as well as the chance to go for an all-expense paid trip for 2 to the ultimate sneaker festival – Sole DXB that will be taking place in Dubai at the end of this year!
The event witnessed a whopping 1,000+ people in attendance with most of them lining up outside the event venue even before the gates were open! While the sneaker-head community and streetwear hounds gathered in large numbers, culture shapers, fashionistas, music & old school hip-hop enthusiasts, lifestyle creators, society influencers, and the city’s glitterati all came together under one roof to celebrate and pay tribute to the brand’s 50 year legacy in making classic white leather sneakers and the launch of the all new Home of Classics collection.
10 top local & emerging hip hop artists kept the adrenaline pumping throughout the night as the crowd swung to their rap beats and crowd-favourite hip-hop tracks! A power-packed music line-up including DJ Kan-i, DJ Uri, Gurbax, Nash Jr. , Prabh Deep, Roy Söulchill & Sickflip ensured a rocking party! There was also an unexpected and surprise performance by the country’s OG Gully Boy – Divine who added to the frenzy as the crowd sung along to their favourite ‘Gully Boy’ movie anthems!
One of the main highlights of the event was when hundreds of consumers lifted their ‘Three Stripes’ shoes up in the air in an iconic moment reminiscent of a RUN DMC concert at Madison Square Garden on July 19, 1986, where the band instructed the audience to hold up their adidas shoes during the ‘my adidas’ song!
Social media was set ablaze with attendees documenting the interactive experiences & exhibits, as well as the iconic line-up of artists which definitely created a sense of ‘missing out’ amongst people who couldn’t make it for the event. Guests were thus truly enthralled by this one-of-a-kind celebration!
High points of the event:
- Stan Smith Experience: Interesting insights into the Stan Smith evolution establishing the history and legacy of the shoe. Screen-printing on T-shirts to personalize it with one’s own face – the Stan Smith style! This activity witnessed an endless line of that people who were excited to get their tees! From all the experiences, this one caught the most traction.
- Superstar Experience: A walk down the lane that traced the cultural crossover moments of the shoe – initially popularized by Basketball Legend Abdul Jabbar and then later adopted by hip-hop culture when Run DMC sported Superstars! This led to a major sneaker revolution in the street culture space! There was an interactive basket-ball hoop activity where people played basketball and won exciting prizes by aiming for a number of baskets
- Continental-80 Experience: A French rendezvous including a Parisian style alley replicating an interactive French café serving macaroons, this experiential truly represented the sneaker’s core story - made in France for the US!
- Locker Room Experience: A locker – room for guests to unlock each locker by scanning a QR code and copping a collectible. The incredibly lucky ones actually won sneakers, while the others got their hands on supercool bags and other merchandise by the brand.
- Supercourt Experience: Launch of the next big white leather sneaker – the Supercourt!
- Custom Shop & Raffles: A sneaker customization lab where attendees could purchase sneakers from the Home of Classics collection and get them customized by artist Chaitanya Dixit. There were also raffles that actually made people win the Stan Smith biography, a Stan Smith Limited Edition autographed shoe and an all sponsored trip to the biggest sneaker cultural carnival - SOLE DXB!
The evening was filled with music, culture, nostalgia and everything street-style; and was thus an ideal tribute to adidas Originals’ journey of pioneering the global street culture.
Rooted in deep cultural crossover moments, the iconic white leather sneaker is best represented by creative & progressive voices across various fields. A testament to the brand’s 50 years of expertise in making classic white leather sneakers, the Home Of Classics thus celebrates the iconic white sneaker - a style statement that has revolutionized the trend in years of fashion history.
Celebrating the enduring visual language of the adidas Originals’ archive and rendering the classic silhouettes in pinnacle crisp, white leather form, the Home of Classics features the all-time legends - Superstar, Stan Smith, and Continental 80 sneakers, and introduces a new classic - the Supercourt. The collection launches globally on October 17th and is available in India across adidas Originals stores and on shop.adidas.co.in
Around The World