6th Edition of Icons of Whisky Awards to be held in Bengaluru
The 6th Edition of Icons of Whisky Awards (IOW) will be held on Saturday, Sept 6th 2014 at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru. This will be the 6th Edition of the IOW awards and will be presented together with Singleton Single Malt Scotch Whisky. IOW has been brought to the country by Spiritual Luxury Living, South-Asia based Spirits & Whisky Experiences firm.
Since 2000, Icons of Whisky, are being held in Scotland & America and in 2007, the reach was expanded to Canada, Ireland and Japan. IOW was hosted in India in 2008. ‘Responsible Drinking’ is once again proposed as the key theme of the event. The Icons of Whisky is organized by Whisky Magazine. According to Mr. Rupert Wheeler, Editor, Whisky Magazine"
“Whisky Magazine has been celebrating the whiskies of the world consistently and seeks to present the highest accolade for whisky, the Icons of Whisky, in every leading whisky nation of the world.”
- IOW is owned by Whisky Magazine.
- Launched internationally in 1998, Whisky Magazine has been celebrating the whiskies of the world consistently and seeks to present the highest accolade for whisky.
- The Icons of Whisky have established premier standards throughout the world, identifying and appreciating quality across the global industry & communicating its views to the consumers in a clear & constructive way.
- The Icons of Whisky were introduced to India in 2008 and are exclusively represented, in South Asia, by Spiritual Luxury Living Pvt. Ltd.
- Over the years, the Icons of Whisky Awards have been re-positioned in India, to build a higher aspiration level and challenge, thus ensuring that only the best bars that truly believe in the finest guest experience and understand whisky, claim the honours.
- In 2014, only 26 Bars across India, will be given the certification across each category, thus making Icons of Whisky.
IOW is the only international F&B Awards in India, the only whisky awards in the country. In keeping with the international theme, the Icons of Whisky Awards reward The best whisky bars in India – the places, people & producers of whisky.
IOW 2014 – Key Features
- Only Global Awards in the country to felicitate bars, hospitality & spirits industry
- Independent & standalone awards
- Eminent Indian and international speakers
- Only one cigar, luxury brand & whisky company will Partner IOW Awards 2014
- Over 400 hospitality professionals Invited
- All guests are prospects, partners or customers
- International branding at the IOW awards ceremony, ensure a premium Image & positioning
- IOW 2014 - international selection criteria
- By Invitation - IOW Forms will be sent to 400 Whisky Bars across India
- Web Polling – industry & guests will poll for their favourite bars – places & people, on the IOW Website
- Market Research – An active and interactive MR will be conducted over 60 days to judge the best bars
- Team from whisky magazine, UK and SLL India along with a panel of judges will make the final selection
- All award categories will be decided on the aforementioned criteria
- Based on the selection, winners will be announced and awarded at the IOW reception
IOW 2014 – The Award Categories
Select brands are invited to sponsor & partner with these prestigious awards in India. Sponsors will benefit through key product features.
IOW 2014 = Category I – Places (Bar Awards)
- Whisky Bars of the Year – 26 bars in India will be awarded (across bars, restaurants & hotels)
- Whisky Night Club of the Year – 3 awards will be offered
IOW 2014 = Category II - Products & People Awards
- Whisky Distiller of the Year
- Whisky Brand Innovator of the Year
- Whisky Distillery Manager / General Manager of the Year
- Whisky Ambassador of the Year
- Whisky Chef of the Year
- Whisky Importer of the Year
- Whisky Distributor of the Year
According to Sandeep Arora, Director, Spiritual Luxury Living Private Limited:
“IOW is a great platform to showcase highest standards of excellence in Whisky. Whisky Luxe and The Icons of Whisky Awards are a unique global entity and also promote Responsible Drinking.”
Speaking about the association, Bhavesh Somaya, Marketing and Innovation Director, Diageo India said:
“Diageo, the world's leading premium drinks business is proud to associate with the Icons of Whisky awards- a platform that celebrates and seeks to present the highest accolades for whisky from across the globe. At this unique gateway for connoisseurs, we present one of our finest Single Malt Scotch Whisky - The Singleton of Glen Ord, among the most awarded whiskies in the world and officially the single best tasting single malt whisky, for people with inherently good taste.”
Around The World