2nd SingularityU India Summit held in association with INK and Deloitte
Singularity University successfully completed the second edition of its flagship Summit at the JW Marriott Sahar in Mumbai today. The two-day Summit, hosted in association with INK and in collaboration with Deloitte, brought together thinkers, global business leaders, and organizations. During the Summit, thought leaders and professionals shared their insights on the big trends and technologies that are reshaping industries, governance, health, and society.
The event saw attendees participating in deep-dive sessions that focused on artificial intelligence, biotechnology, exponential finance, and design thinking.
“We are proud to renew our association with INK to bring together exponential leaders and game-changers who are driving innovation,” said Rob Nail, CEO and Associate Founder of Singularity University. “There is a seismic shift in the way technology is turning into an enabler in our times. It is entrenching itself deeply into every aspect of our lives. India, with its diverse human capital and affinity for innovation, presents a unique opportunity to explore solutions that will fuel social innovation and impact.”
INK has been a pioneering driver of innovation, with its unique platform that encourages ideas and inspiration. INK speakers and Fellows delivered insightful, contextual talks and also entertained the audience with some beautiful musical performances. Speaking about the Summit, Lakshmi Pratury, Founder and CEO of INK and Director of the SingularityU India Summit, said, "The ability to amalgamate technology and people to build on existing innovations is the core of exponential innovation. We are delighted to be associated with the SingularityU Summit for the second consecutive year. Exponential technology innovations are rapidly moving across boundaries and India stands to make a critical contribution to this transformation. INK is proud to have been able to bring Singularity University’s thinking and speakers to India to start this conversation.”
INK is India’s foremost platform for the exchange of innovative ideas and advancement of visionary thought leadership. The global sponsor of SingularityU Summits is Deloitte, the world’s largest professional services network, with extensive practice in innovation.
Speakers this year included:
· Salim Ismail (Global Ambassador, Singularity University),
· Raymond McCauley (Chair, Biotechnology and BioInformatics, Singularity University)
· Neil Jacobstein (Chair , Artificial Intelligence & Robotics, Singularity University)
· Joe Paradiso (Director, Responsive Environments Group, MIT Media Lab)
· Larry Keeley (Innovation Guru, President, Co-founder at Doblin Group; Director of Deloitte Consulting, LLP)
· Bill Briggs (US and Global Chief Technology Officer, Deloitte Consulting LLP)
· Divya Chander (Faculty- Medicine, Singularity University)
· Aaron Maniam (Director, Industry Division, Ministry of Trade & Industry, Singapore)
· Nicholas Haan (Vice President of Impact and Chair, Global Grand Challenges, Singularity University)
· Ramez Naam (Chair, Energy & Environmental Systems, Singularity University)
· Brock Pierce (Managing Partner, Blockchain Capital, Chair, Bitcoin Foundation)
· Matthieu Riou (CTO and Founder of BlockCypher)
· George Kembel (Founder, Stanford d.school & d.global.org)
· Sanjay Swamy (Cofounder and Managing Partner, Prime)
· Rob Nail (CEO and Associate Founder, Singularity University)
· Lalitesh Katragadda (Technologist)
Around The World